Wednesday, August 4, 2010
One step closer
Yesterday was a sad and happy day for me. We sent my car on it's way to Hawaii. So it was sad because I'm going to miss it, and it was happy because that means we're just that much closer to leaving Washington. So here's the scoop. The other day Ryan asked the Navy where they would fly us to Hawaii from. They said they will fly us from Seattle on September 2. So what that means is Ryan is still attached to the Los Angeles boat until September 2. He was originally told August 20 would be his last day. So how does this change things? Well, now Ryan has to request leave for the time we want to come home. He requested it for August 20 through September 1. I really hope he gets the whole time because I really don't want to have a short trip home. Also, I don't want to come home by myself again. Ryan had a really hard time when I went home in May. He was jealous and lonely. So I'm praying his leave gets approved. So since we're still waiting, we can't buy our plane tickets home yet. This worries me because the longer we wait, the more expensive they get. I think that's really annoying because you could be sitting next to someone who paid $100-200 less than you did because they bought their tickets at a reasonable time. So basically, if Ryan's leave doesn't get approved, I don't know what will happen. I still have to come home because my animals can't come with me to Hawaii right away. Also, our things are being picked up August 18 to be shipped to Hawaii, and our final inspection for our current residence is August 20. So basically, if we don't get to come home August 20, we won't have a place to live. We would have to stay in the lodge and spend money that we don't have. So please, please, please Navy people, please approve his leave. So that's what we're dealing with now. Ryan is super stressed out with the whole process. He's not used to all this. Usually if he changes ports, they arrange to pick up his things and give him his plane ticket. Not too much of a hassle, but this time around we're trying to come home. So that is the huge bump in the road, but it's a bump I'm not willing to remove. I don't think he is either. I think he's homesick whether he wants to admit to it or not. I wish there was more I could do. It would help relieve his stress. Unfortunately, for most of it, I have to sit back and wait for Ryan to give me answers. So what is done and out of the way is: Our things are scheduled to be picked up. Our final inspection is scheduled. I put in my notice at work. I've been talking with travel companies about a labor and delivery job in Hawaii. My Hawaii RN license should be finalized in a week. I have the rabies titer test sent in for the animals. I think that's about it. So what still needs to happen is: Our things actually need to be packaged and shipped. I need to clean our apartment t pass the final inspection. We need to buy plane tickets to come home. I need the travel company to say, yes you have a job. It's a little stressful. I think by October, things will be running a little smoother. So if our things get picked up on August 18 then they won't arrive in Hawaii until September 23. So once we do find a place in Hawaii we want to call all our own, we won't have our things for a few weeks. So I'm planning on keeping our air mattress, a couple blankets, and a couple bath towels. So hopefully we can get by until our things arrive. We've gone from eating out to home cooked food and soon we'll go back to eating out until we can have home cooked meals again. I just can't believe this is my life right now. I never would have imagined this is where I would be or where I would be going. What a crazy ride! Well, in other news, Ryan and I have talked and I plan on taking my house off the market the 1st of September. My plan is to refinance my home so I can have a lower interest rate and find a renter. I have come to terms with the way the market is right now. I don't think it will change any time soon. Maybe in a year or so things will start picking up and it will change from a buyers market to a sellers market. So hopefully when I find a renter, they will be decent people and not trash my house. That is my biggest fear. I'm afraid whoever wants to rent my house won't care about taking care of it and will tear it to shreds. Then I would have to kick them out and spend more money and time into making it pretty again. I'm hoping they will keep it nice. Then over the next year or so I can gradually change things in the house that future buyers will complain about because current buyers are complaining about it now. The windows in my house are pretty old. Also, the sliding glass door has a broken seal, and the glass needs replaced. So these are things I can slowly take time to replace. I know in the end, when everything is said and done, and my house eventually sells, I will be losing a boatload of money. This is something I have also come to terms with. I supposed if I was oblivious and in denial, I would be more stressed out. I have to face the facts and change things accordingly. Ok, so, some good news is I am 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I'm in my second trimester. I never had any morning sickness. I would say I'm pretty lucky. This pregnancy is going pretty smoothly so far. I just started showing maybe a week or so ago. Just a small little pop belly. I know it's only bound to get bigger and bigger. My next doctors appointment is August 12. I'm not sure if they'll do an ultrasound. I really hope they do because it would be great if we could find out the sex of the baby. I really want to know. Then I can buy baby things that aren't all neutral. If they don't do one, then I guess we can wait. I will just have to be patient. I haven't felt the baby move yet. Hopefully, by next week I'll feel something. That will be weird and exciting. Ryan is always feeling my belly hoping he'll feel something. It will be a while yet until he will be able to feel anything. So, that's it for now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we still get to come home on August 20. Miss everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment