Monday, July 19, 2010

Counting down

I'm so counting down the days when I get to come home and see my family and friends. You really just don't know how lucky you are to have loving people so close until you move thousands of miles away. In just over a month we'll be moving even further away. It's definitely scary, but I think the biggest jump was the initial move. Once you get over that, everything else doesn't seem so bad. It does suck if I sit around and think about what I'm missing out on. Visiting family or friends used to be as easy as a 15 minute drive. Now it's a long plane ride home. I do miss the convenience of the closeness. I wish I could say that I don't miss the cold winters, but I haven't been away long enough or away from a colder environment long enough to say that. Washington doesn't offer a very warm climate. I'm definitely looking forward to leaving Washington. Once I leave, I'm not looking back. Ryan and I are pretty stressed out about the move, but I think it will all be worth it. We have so much to think about and work out. I again have to search for a job. I'm hoping travel companies will come through for me this time. Also, we have to look for a place to live within our budget. I think we can do it. People keep telling us to live in Navy housing to save money, but they won't give us more than a 2 bedroom place. I need at least 3 bedroom. I know people don't understand why, but I think the baby doesn't need to share a room with guests. I don't think guests want to share a room with a baby either. I know we won't have guests every day or week or month for that matter but still. I just hate when people try to convince me to do something I don't want to do. I know what I want. I really think we can find something that will work for us. I also have to start thinking about renting my house out. My realtor said I need to have a land contract so I don't lose my homestead exemption. It's all very confusing and new to me. I wish things were easier, but I've never heard anyone say life was easy. We just need to take things step by step so we don't overwhelm ourselves. I know we'll get it done. I only have 4 more weeks left of work here which is pretty exciting since I'm miserable at my job. So anyways, I'm definitely counting down the days. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment