Monday, May 3, 2010
Waiting
Well, I've gone through my first 2 weeks of orientation. I have 3 left. My manager originally said she wanted me to have 4 weeks of orientation since I haven't been in the ER for a year and a half, but when I got the schedule, she put me down for 5 weeks of orientation. I guess that's ok. I'm pretty much good now. I know what I should be doing. I know how the computer system works. I know how things run in their ER. Even my preceptor thought I was doing a great job. She told my manager there's nothing she can teach me that I don't already know. Oh well. At least it's full time. So the next 3 weeks I'll be working from 5pm-3:30am. I don't have to get up early anymore. I went to bed last night around 1 because I have been going to bed around 10 or 11. I still woke up early. My body is now used to going to bed early and getting up early. I have to retrain it. Of course, I won't always be working evenings or nights. I will also work days after my orientation is over. So I guess I'll be confusing my body for a while. I think the more and more I work there, the more and more I miss labor and delivery. Maybe if it was a bigger ER and more exciting things rolled through the door, it might be better. I'll tough through it. So with my new schedule, Ryan and I will only see each other briefly. Plus, we won't be going to bed at the same time anymore. That's just they way nursing is. You don't get normal shifts. So yesterday I got to Skype with Dustin and Jackie and Angie. I really like being able to see my family and friends since I'm so far away. Not everyone has a camera in their computer so we can't Skype, or some people have been too lazy to download Skype. You know who you are. You know me well enough to know I hate the busy excuse. No one, I mean no one is that busy. Trust me. You find time. So April is over. The $8000 is no longer in effect. I'm really nervous about my house. I actually have a showing tomorrow which makes me feel better. People are still looking at houses regardless if they get the $8000 or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying and praying. There is now a new roof on my house. From what I could see, it looks really good. I've been told it looks really good also. I can't wait to see it in person. I can wait to pay my grandma back. I'm dreading that. It makes my stomach ache knowing how much money has been put into the house just so it will sell and how much I will be losing. The housing market is so awful right now. There are so many houses out there for sale that buyers have plenty of options. I really hope since I got a new roof that it will sell. I mean, why wouldn't it. It has a new roof, new carpet and linoleum, fresh paint in every room, the landscaping isn't that bad, it's move in ready. It has to sell because I'm not going to rent it out. I don't want all the money that has been put in it to go to waste. Renters can be awful. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it will sell. So, it's still a little chilly here. It's been in the 50's. I don't know when or if it ever gets warm here. I need warm weather. I like wearing flip flops and capris. I can't do that when it's in the 50's. What's really depressing is I haven't been able to put my top down on my car yet. The reason I got a convertible was so I could put the top down when it was nice and warm outside. I haven't been able to do that yet. Ryan also mention wanting to be able to put his top down on his jeep. We both have talked about wanting warmer weather. We don't want to be here forever. Don't get me wrong, Washington is definitely beautiful, but it's not warm enough for me. If I'm going to move away from home, I want to move somewhere warm. So Ryan is going to be calling his detailer soon so we have an idea of how long we might be in Washington. Ryan only has 2 years left in his contract. Not sure if we'll be in Washington for those 2 years or not. I don't even know if Ryan is going to re-enlist or not. He doesn't know either. I think he should decide soon considering the Navy will pay for schooling if that's what he decides to do. Sometimes he just needs a little push in order to make decisions. Maybe that's why he married me. I don't know. Well, I'm going to go get things done before I have to work tonight. We love everyone and can't wait to see you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment