Friday, April 23, 2010

Whadya Know!?


Hello my fellow friends and family. Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I'm sure you're all dying to know what's going on in the world of the Edwards. Well, I am now a working woman. Woot woot! I now work in the ER. I'm in orientation right now. The first 2 weeks are on days. So I have to get up early. I've been getting up around 6am. It sucks, but once I'm up I'm good. So I have one more week of orientation on days then I go to evenings. I'll be working 5pm to 3:30am. I don't think many people work 12s here. I'm a 12 hour shift kind of girl. Seems like there's lots of 8-10 hour shifts. So it's a relatively small ER. There's only 13 beds in the ER. It's a lot smaller than what I'm used to. It's nice to get back into the ER. I do miss labor and delivery though. Labor and delivery are much happier times. Not sure if I'll go back to labor and delivery while I'm in Washington. It really depends on how long Ryan will be stationed here. If it's a year or 2 then I'll stay in the ER. The people in the ER are really nice. I haven't so much connected with anyone quite yet where I want to hang out when not at work. It takes time. At least I made friends with a few of the Navy wives. That helps out. They know what I'm going through. I can relate to them. Plus, they live really close which helps also. Ok, so my job is going well. I have friends. A couple weeks ago I finally got my taxes. They seemed like they would never come. Unfortunately, they were gone as soon as I got them. I can't wait until the day I get my taxes and spend the money I something I want. So, I made the decision a few days ago that I'm going to replace the roof on my house. People who looked at my house kept complaining about the roof. They keep forgetting that they're getting $8000 when they buy a house. They can replace the damn roof themselves. Oh well. If a new roof gets my house sold then so be it. Unfortunately a new roof is going to cost me about $5200. I had to go to the Bank of Grandma to ask for a loan. Thankfully she is loaning me the money. Not sure what I would do without her. Ryan's dad, Steve, is going to replace it. He has a crew that he has worked with before, and he says they do a good job. So I guess they can get the job done in 2 days. It should be done next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is what my house needs to get it sold. After talking to my dad, there's no way I ever want to rent my house. I put a lot of work and money into my house. I don't want some random person coming in and ruining it. Then I would have to put more money into my house to fix what they ruined. So that's what's up with my life. I have a job and friends, and I'm getting a new roof. Let's see. Um, Ryan just started another class with the Navy. Not sure what he's learning in this class. How are we doing? Well, we do argue. It's not the marriage part that's hard, it's the living together part that's hard. We've both been used to living alone for however long. Now we live together and have to learn how to accommodate each other. We need to learn compromise. It's definitely hard. It's a learning process. Some days we want to strangle one another. Other days are fabulous. We'll just take it one day at a time. So on a good note, we went to the Sub Ball last weekend. We got to dress up and let loose. It was so fun. I met some nice people. Ryan was so handsome in his dress blues. I think it's funny they call them dress blues when they're actually black. Either way, Ryan looked good. So I think that's it for now. I'm used to living here. I do miss my friends and family back home. I will be going home next month. I'm pretty excited. Ok, that's it for now. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment