Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hee hee


So I realized I've update you on me and my status. I'm thinking you should know more about what's going on with Ryan considering this is a bog for both of us. So, he is still in the process of decomissioning his boat. This basically means that his boat is being retired. It's the oldest boat at this time. So it's time to put it to rest. So basically they go to work every day. He has to be there around 7:30am. They shred important documents, they tear holes in the boat, basically tear it apart. I think it was about a week ago that it was dry docked, meaning they took the huge submarine out of water. That would have been pretty cool to see. I'm sure Ryan didn't think it was cool. Now that they're in a routine, they get out of work at a decent time. He usually gets home before 4pm. Every 3 days he has duty. What this means is he goes to work for a 24 hour time span. Then if it's not on the weekend, he'll have to work the day after duty, as well. So basically he'll be at work for about 32 hours. Yeah, that would suck. Yes, they do let him sleep. He doesn't have to stay awake the whole time. Also, when it's his duty day, he'll have to stand watch. Watch shifts range from 4-6 hours, depending on the time of the watch. That's where he stands guard on the boat to make sure there's no impending danger. Some good news for Ryan is starting Monday duty turns into every 4 days. Also, he'll be starting school. In school he'll learn sonar maintenance. So if it breaks down, Ryan would know how to fix it. He'll have school for a while. It won't always be on sonar maintenance. That class ends April 16. Not sure what class is after that. He's watching Butler basketball right now. Don't want to interrupt his concentration. So anyways, he's pretty excited for Monday to arrive. Since I don't have a job yet, I've been able to make dinner a few times. I've made spaghetti, meatloaf, tacos, chicken breasts, and then some leftovers. We had meatloaf last night. Ryan actually said it was the best meatloaf he's ever had. I thought he was joking, trying to flatter me, but he said he was serious. That was a nice compliment. I got the recipe from the internet so I can't take all the credit. At least I can follow a recipe. It's been nice cooking for 2. I was used to cooking for just me. I didn't really cook. I made small meals. I also try to make lunch for Ryan so he has food for work and doesn't spend money buying fast food. The other day we went to Costcos. This is kind of like a Sam's Club. They claim they're better. Not sure how they're better. I don't really care. Anyways, we got a lot of food in bulk. It should last us a while. We'll have to go to the store for small things every now and then like milk or eggs, but meat, we should be fine. So I guess that's it for now. We're doing well. We're still adjusting to one another. He bugs me, I bug him, but we love each other. So until next time. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Read your blogs again today. We had P-Team today. Got whacked in the head a few times. Black guy, about 6'3" tall and 265 pounds. Kept going even though I had my bell rung. Talked to a realtor I know about listing my house. Need to paint and work on a few other things. Hope to retire in December, hoping the jail hires around that time again. Sheriff said they should put out applications in early summer. Takes awhile for all the testing and background stuff. Hopefully the timing is just right to be hired in December or January 2011. Gotta go, Love you guys. Dad Mock

    ReplyDelete