Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting out

So we have now been married for 3 months and 4 days. Everyone keeps asking how married life is. Well, considering we haven't lived together until 5 days ago, it was hard to say how it felt being married. I arrived in Washington on March 2nd. We are currently staying in the Navy Lodge which is located on base in Bangor, Washington. We wanted to find a house to rent and make it our own. We found that house that would have been a perfect first place for us. However, we decided against it, or I told Ryan it wasn't going to work, since I am currently unemployed. So we are going to live in Jackson Park which is navy housing. I think we will make it work. As long as we are together, anything will do. It's still weird and doesn't feel real yet. I think we're still waiting for the day I go home. I don't think it will feel real until a few months from now when I haven't seen my family or friends. I need to get one of the flight miles credit cards since I'll be making lots of trips home to Fort Wayne. Our animals are doing well. Loui can adjust to anything easily. It will be nice when Niko has a yard to play in. It won't be as large as the yard in Fort Wayne, but it will do. It's better than being stuck in a hotel room. Pooky, well, he's still hanging out. I have applied to several jobs at the local hospital here. I will take anything at this point. I know I haven't even been here a week, and I need to be patient, but patience doesn't come easy for me. So that's pretty much it. We are enjoying our time together. It will definitely be a huge adjustment. It will be a challenge. I'm up for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment