Friday, March 19, 2010

No one knows

I had my first interview today. Finally, someone might want to hire me. I've been feeling really down about not being able to find a job. So the hospital is in Seattle. It took me about and hour and 20 minutes to drive there. It took me 2 hours to drive home. So, I'm thinking, if I take this position, I will be taking the ferry to work. There is no way I'm going to face that traffic every time I have to go to work. It's in the labor and delivery unit. I have some things to think about. I initially applied for a per diem position which means you work when the unit needs you. You don't have a pointed position. So if the census is low, then you stay home. They also said there is a full time position open. I would be working 3 twelve hour shifts a week on nights. The same thing I did in Fort Wayne. 7p-7a. I thought the per diem position would be better so I wouldn't have to look for someone to cover my shifts when I wanted to visit home. When sharing my concerns with the manager, she made it sound like they are very flexible. So maybe I would take the full time position so I know I would be receiving a paycheck every 2 weeks. Ok, other things to think about are, I have another interview on Monday at a local hospital. It would be in the ER. I applied for a per diem position there and a pointed position as well. The benefits of working there would be it's less than a 20 minute drive to work. I'm not sure what the pay difference would be from one hospital to the next. I will know after my interview on Monday. So if the pay is the same or close to it, if the per diem position is still available, which one should I choose. I'm not sure yet. Either way, I'm happy to be getting interviews. It's a step in the right direction. I feel like things are slowly getting better. I arrived safely to Washington. My things arrived safely to Washington. I'm finally getting interviewed. People are still looking at my house but not really making any offers at this time. So, I need to get a job. Then it would be great if my house would sell. I'm not sure what I'll do if it doesn't sell by the time the first time home buyers credit is over. It's over at the end of April. I'll probably have to rent it out which is the last thing I want to do. I keep praying that God will find someone who falls in love with my house and wants to make it their own. He's looking hard for just the right person. I guess He hasn't found the right person yet. So enough whining. Tomorrow is Saturday. Ryan has the weekend off. We get to hang pictures and set out frames and make our home even more pretty. Yay! I know he's really looking forward to me putting him to work. So I'm getting pretty tired. I'm thinking it's time for bed. I'll let you know how this weekend goes. I'll make a video and post it to facebook since my blog doesn't seem to know how to download a simple video. Anyways, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment