Monday, March 22, 2010

What's new?

So today is the start of a new week. I had an interview today at Harrison Medical Center. There are 2 of them very close to where I live. There's one in Silverdale and one in Bremerton. Silverdale is to Bremerton like New Haven is to Fort Wayne. They're that close. Jump on the highway, and you're there. So it took me 10 minutes to get to my interview today. Wow! That's nothing. The department I applied for was the ER. They have either a per diem position or a full time position. I told them the per diem position would fit better with me and my family because I want to go home often to visit, and it would be better to be per diem so I wouldn't have to find someone to cover my shift. They said they would let me know in 2-3 days if I got the job or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because it is so close to home. I'm not sure what the hourly rate would be. The manager said she's not the one who decides how much to pay the employees. It is decided by someone else who goes by a scale. They look at your history and talk to your references before they make their decision. So I also had an interview on Friday at a hospital in Seattle. I decided to drive all the way there just because I wasn't sure where I was going and didn't know the ferry schedule. Of course I could have figured out what the ferry schedule was to make different arrangements but whatever. The department in Seattle is LDRP. That means labor and delivery/recovery/post partum. I originally applied for a per diem position with them also. The manager said there is also a full time position available. When I left Friday, she wanted me to call her on Monday to let her know what I decided on. It was all depending on what happened at my interview today. Of course she didn't know about the interview I had today. So basically, I want the per diem job at Harrison Medical Center. It's so much closer. If I don't get it, then hopefully the hospital in Seattle will hire me. I'm trying to keep all my doors open. Don't want to say no to anyone at this point. I can say nursing pay in Washington is about $6 more starting out as a brand new nurse than it is in Indiana. So I'm not sure what I'll make since I've been a nurse for 3 1/2 years and have ER and L&D experience. Ok, enough about that. So I filed my taxes clear back on February 25. I still have not received them. I filed them electronically. You would have thought I should have received them by now since it says you can expect them within 8-10 days. Apparently when I filed the IRS was having computer program problems so the people who filed around the time I did were going to have to wait a little longer to receive their money. They basically had to re-process my taxes. Ugh! It's so frustrating. Luckily Ryan has a job, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do. I was hoping to get my taxes so I could pay my bills. Now Ryan has to pay them. That's a big deal to me because I have been used to supporting myself now for a long time. I don't like being supported. I like contributing to our funds. So I'll keep my fingers crossed I get a job real soon so I can start contributing, especially since I have an empty house back in Fort Wayne. Now onto that. The last 2 showings I've had, I haven't heard anything back. So I'm assuming they didn't want my house, but I'm not sure why. I would still like some kind of response to know what's wrong with my house. I have a showing tomorrow afternoon. I hope they like it. It's getting closer and closer to the end of the first-time-home buyer credit. I'm not sure what will happen when it ends. It definitely worries me. There has to be someone out there who is looking for their first home. Well, anyways, Ryan has duty today. So that means I won't see him until tomorrow after he gets off work. He's usually grumpy the day after he has duty. He's usually very exhausted. So I will keep myself occupied today/night by watching tv and movies. I might do some reading. I already walked Niko. So, I'll find things to do. Anyways, that's the newest news in my life. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment